Retromobile Paris 2019 will feature some beautiful 300SL Lots at the RM Sotheby’s and Bonhams auctions. Showcased will be three Mercedes-Benz 300 SL’s in total, one gullwing and two roadsters.
Below we have put together a quick reference and summary of the 300 SL’s on offer in Paris this year along with links to the full lot details.
|1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster||€800.000 – €1.000.000 | RM Sotheby’s|
|1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL ‘Gullwing’ Coupé||€ 1,100,000 – 1,500,000 | Bonhams|
|1958 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster||€ 1,000,000 – 1,200,000 | Bonhams|
– Retains its original engine, gearbox and differential
– Restored in its original colours
– Offered with original service book, instruction manuals and spare parts book
– New factory-supplied aluminium engine block, cylinder head, and gearbox installed in 1973 by Daimler Benz Bielefeld
– Full ‘last nut and bolt’ restoration by Mercedes specialist Cochera, finished in November 2018
– HK-Engineering Improvements for reliable daily use: front disc brake conversion, electronic ignition, and improved and more reliable fuel system (changes reversible and original parts available)
– Professionally restored circa 2001
– Recently resprayed and re-trimmed
Scott Grundfor Company has a wealth of experience and expertise in all facets of the classic car market, specializing in high-end collectibles and vintage Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwings and Roadsters.
Read about our Classic Car Collection Consultation Services or Contact Us for personalized expert advice.